This weeks activities using Audacity were a lot of fun and a
wonderful experience. During my
undergrad (many years ago), I worked for the universities concert hall
recording and editing concerts and performances using Pro Tools. I loved Pro
Tools, but could never justify spending the money to buy my own. Audacity has
many similarities to Pro Tools including many of the shortcuts, from what I
remember.
I have been in in need of a way to edit and cut concert
material for my choir a few times and have sent it to work with my husband to
edit it more me (he is a TV news photographer/editor and has access to editing
software). I love how simple it is to use and get around without much
direction. It has all the functions that I would use in Pro Tools but without
the cost.
As for a teaching purpose, I can definitely come up with
many lessons to utilize this software with my students in elementary school.
Though, I do feel this software would be more appropriate with older student
due to the complexity of the software. Though I could see elementary students
following the step by step instruction from the “Bart” assignment and doing
quite well with what would be expect of them. I could see utilizing this software to teach
form and composition at the middle or high school level.
Overall, Audacity is amazing and free. I would definitely
recommend this to anyone looking to buy Pro Tools who don’t really need the
full version of Pro Tools. I can’t wait to do more with this software in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment